Josh Karey is a Dickinson area native. Health and fitness have been a priority in Josh's life since his high school years where sports had a huge influence on his life. In 2011, Josh opened Hands Made For Healing Massage and Personal Training in Dickinson ND and has since fueled his passion for health and wellness.
Josh married his two passions of manual therapy and strength training into one happy couple. He believes the true key to freedom from pain starts with therapy, but inevitably must be nurtured by strength training, that is not one size fits all plan, for true long term results.
When not at the clinic or gym, you can find Josh enjoying obstacle course races in the spring, fishing in the summer, and hunting in the fall/winter. If the weather is rough, look inside and you will find him and his wife nerding out over some Lord of the Rings. Josh is married to Baelee with their beautiful boys Bennett and Riven .
What to Expect
For first time visitors, here is a little description of what to expect at Hands Made For Healing. This is not your normal "spa" type of massage and I often get questions or comments concerning some of the things mentioned below:
1. My office is set up more like a Chiropractor or Physical Therapy office. The room is never completely darkened and there is a skylight located directly above the table as well as covered window. There are occasions where the lights are left completely on for treatment purposes.
2. I like to educate. I love talking about anatomy, physiology and biomechanics, so don't be afraid to ask questions.
3. Music choices are always brought up. I try to keep it pretty light hearted and healing, but I do not just play babbling brook all day. I am always open to suggestions so feel free to suggest.
4. I do offer a spa type massage as well, but full disclosure I can only control the environment to an extend (lights and sounds).
5. I post weekly appointment openings and last minute cancellation openings on my Facebook Page. So be sure to like and follow. Along with that I send out an email every Sunday with my openings for the next 2 weeks. You can easily book your appointments from there.